Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a lump filled with blood on my earlobe, What info do…

Customer Question
I have a lump...

I have a lump filled with blood on my earlobe

Doctor's Assistant: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.

What info do u need

Doctor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?

It's been about 2 weeks and it keeps getting bigger

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
3/7/2016
Doctor: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello!

You should see your doctor or best an ENT specialist to evaluate this...

From your description it sounds that you may have some abnormal slow bleeding lesion within the earlobe ....

This may need to be opened and drained and cauterized. ..

It might be that you had some injury or possibly due to an AV malformation as a possibility ...( arteriovenous malformation is where an artery grows into a vein and this can lead to a weak vulnerable area which may bleed )

I advise that you have this checked as soon as reasonably possible ...

Go to ER if you need to get quick access

I would not put this problem off at all .....

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD