Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 47 year old female. Last Monday I woke up with a

Customer Question
SEVERE headache. When I was...
I am a 47 year old female. Last Monday I woke up with a SEVERE headache. When I was in my 20's I used to get migraines but have not had a headache like this in several years. It seemed to include my upper shoulders, up my neck, my forehead, face under my eyes and severe pressure on the sides of my head. I went to urgent care and they gave me a shot of Toradol, which relieved the symptoms. However, the remainder of the week, I felt very nauseous, my stomach was gurgling and I would have small cramps in various places, mostly on the right. In addition, my middle back on the right of my body and low, low back hurt. Also, my urine seemed hotter than normal...not burning, actually hot. This is all accompanied by fatigue and just not feeling right. I went to urgent care again over the weekend and she gave me another shot of Toradol as she said it would help my back-it did not. They also took a urine sample to see if it was a UTI and it came back negative.
I woke up this morning with a very sore throat, and mild occasionally cough. I noticed after I drank my normal coffee is when the nausea started, and my back is still hurting in the same places. I do not have a headache, but occasional "twinge" that feels like it could become a headache if that makes sense.
Couple of notes. I do smoke, and I just began nutrisystem about 3 weeks ago. I am not severely overweight, just a few pounds.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
3/7/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

you could be fighting off a viral infection.

you could be having some low blood sugar which can cause headaches sometimes and not feeling well.

you should quit smoking

viral gastritis can cause upset stomach and nausea symptoms.

brain tumors causing headaches would tend to cause headaches and vomiting and seizures and stroke like symptoms and the headaches wouldn't get better until your tumor was treated.

withdraw from caffeine can cause headaches as well if you are not drinking your usual coffee

not getting enough sleep and not drinking enough fluids can cause headaches.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician