Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

You answered my question with a question, and I replied, no…

Customer Question
you answered my question with...
you answered my question with a question, and I replied, no sore throat before taking this generic Bactrium, I don't think I should wait a long time for an answer. dr office is closed today, that's why I'm trying to get a quick response.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
3/7/2016
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

I would recommend that you stop taking it and talk to your doctor

you should not be getting a sore throat

Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

I am another expert here

it sounds like your sore throat got worse on Sunday with a lot of coughing and is better by Monday.

this does not sound like a drug reaction to Bactrium.

it sounds more like a short temporary viral infection causing viral pharyngitis or from acid reflux.

you should talk to your doctor about your sore throat.

but I bet your doctor will tell you to continue to take your bactrium antibiotic.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

dr Phil said I should stop taking it because it should not be causing a sore throat. then dr David said keep taking it. wow I'm confused, but I continued the med. still feels sore

do you have a history of acid reflux?

acid reflux can cause sore throat.

bactrim can also upset your stomach and cause acid reflux.

best to continue the antibiotic

and also call your doctor to tell them about your sore throat symptoms.

call your doctor and stop taking it