How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 64611
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Kersh and I have had Flank pain on my right side since

Customer Question

Kersh and I have had Flank pain on my right side since Friday. It only feels sore and when I walk I feel sore or press on it. I went to the ER Saturday night. They did blood work and all looked fine and sent me on my way.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I feel fine other than the soreness and it is constant. I am only 20 and I work for my uncle on Fridays and do some heavy lifting. A few weeks ago I had some burning when I urinate and went to the doctor. They did some STD testing and checked me for a UTI but all was fine. I do not feel the burning anymore and I do drink lots of water.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


You cannot rule out a stone without a scan, but usually pain is severe.

A back problem can also cause pain here, a problem with the spine, disc, or ligament.

The ER is not a great place for an evaluation.

You should have a complete exam by an internist , and if indicated, a physical medicine doctor.

Or urologist.

Depending on findings.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily