Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

If a doctor has prescribed taking a Nebulizer‎ 3times a day…

Customer Question
if a doctor has prescribed...
if a doctor has prescribed taking a Nebulizer‎ 3times a day and you forget 1 will that cause an increase in mucus.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
3/7/2016
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer.

Most people that miss a single dose of prescribed nebulizer treatments do not notice an increase in mucus, However,it is possible that missing a single dose of a nebulizer may be sufficient for the patient to develop some shortness of breath related to spasm of the airways. If the person develops shortness of breath in this situation, then it would be appropriate to take the missed dose of the nebulizer as soon as possible once the shortness of breath leads to recollection that a dose was missed.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.