How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Last week I went to my doctor because I found a pea sized

Customer Question

Hi so last week I went to my doctor because I found a pea sized bump on my neck under my ear. I thought it was a lymph node but my doctor thought it might be an infected hair follicle. In the past few days it has seemingly grown smaller but now at the base of my skull on my neck I have developed what I hope is just a very sore, 1.5 inch in circumference boil. It is red and fairly hard but does not have a pimple like head yet. It feels like one I had on my thight over a year ago. The other thing is my face has been very flush, like I have a fever yet my temperature is normal. It is very uncomfortable. I just had a blood test two months ago and cbc was normal. I know I have anxiety issues but the bumps are very real because even my wife feels them. Should I be worried? Why the flushing?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.
My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to
provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.
Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .
Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:
Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?
You can upload the photo on and send me the link
Other method of uploading photo or a file is:
1.Click the paperclip icon
2.Click the Browse icon
3.Click the Browse button
4.Select your file and click Open
5.Click OK
6.Click Insert
7.Click Save Changes on this page
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not
substitute a Doctor ­ Patient Consultation in Clinic