Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Have had pain near middle on back shoulder blades on and off…

Customer Question
Hi have had pain near...
Hi have had pain near middle on back shoulder blades on and off burning seems to go though the front sometimes when I move backwards a hurts a little bit have gone to the doctor he said muscle problems and gave me Mobic tried it for two days did not help at all I do suffer from scatica and I tried lyrica and that seems to help only take when bad taken it twice pandol does not work have had it for a few months now not every day
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
3/7/2016
Doctor: Dr.Amita, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor

I am Dr.Amita and I would be assisting you with your concerns today.

What I said above
Can you help with my problem

The description of your problem suggests that this is related to nerve issue rather than muscle.

It seems that a nerve is getting compressed causing burning sensation and radiation to front.The intercostal nerves in this area travel to front from back and that is how your burning sensation is traveling.

Lyrica decreasing the symptoms also suggest that this is a nerve issue.

You should have X ray of dorsal spine to look at any bone spur compressing the nerve.If x ray is clear you should have MRI look at discs and the nerves in the area as MRI gives a much clearer detail of soft tissues.

Meanwhile you should continue taking Lyrica.

This is the initial answer.Please reply if you need any clarification.