Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have several diseases/syndromes/medical complications, as…

Customer Question
I have several diseases/syndromes/medical complications...
I have several diseases/syndromes/medical complications, as a result over the years I have become accustom to my own personal tracking, from heartrate/bp- to surgical and invasive treatments and everything in between. I have several specialists that I am currently seeing. Heres the thing-I dont really know if I am tracking the right stuff, or checking sufficiently to satisfy what they are looking for. Is there a general "rule of thumb" that provides guidelines? What/how often do they want to see? Anything out of the ordinary would produce and obscene amount of information, in line with I would assume, doesn't matter/apply to them. I dont hate doctors...okay, perhaps I feel bullied/intimidated, I dont hate them, I just hate talking to them :) from time to time, but arriving with documentation and substantial history of any illness has me cruising through appointments on an intellectual level instead of an emotional one, and every one wins.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
why am I being directed to legal?
3/7/2016
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer.

There is no general rule of thumb of what should be tracked or how often it should be tracked, as it would vary according to which disease or conditions are present and the severity of each condition. Since it would vary according to each individual, your doctor will instruct you on what should be tracked and how often it should be monitored.

Please let me know if I can provide any clarification.