Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is it safe to take 2mg of Klonopin while taking 500mg

Customer Question
ofLevetiracetam while I try to...
Is it safe to take 2mg of Klonopin while taking 500mg ofLevetiracetam while I try to wean myselff from Klonopin?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
3/4/2016
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Yes both can be taken.

Since you are weaning of klonopin, this will be a short term combination.

Both together can increase confusion, mental judgement impairment, fatigue.

But If you are used such doses for sometimes, may not be a problem.

Should be supervised by your doctor the weaning off process.

Why are you on levetiracetam?
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/