Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Please I always have pain in my lower abdominal like

Customer Question
measural pain but I am...
Please I always have pain in my lower abdominal like measural pain but I am not on my period this pain is always constant every month what could be De cause of it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
3/3/2016
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Hi Jessica,

Pain in the lower abdomen can be due to several issues. Can you give some more information? Do you have any problems with your bowel movements, diarrhea or constipation? Is there any abdominal tenderness with the pain? Any urinary symptoms? Any vaginal discharge etc?

This is just an information request NOT an answer.

Not at all the pains comes like menstrual pain but no period the pain like 2 mins pain and stop come again after some time and stop

Thank you for the additional information.

there are a couple of conditions which can cause intermittent cramps or pains of this sort. It is posisble that you MIGHT have endometriosis which is a condition in which you could have pelvic pain of this sort which may precede your period and occur even after your period. This can also cause pain during sexual intercourse or sometimes while passing urine or stools. If this is the case then it would be diagnosed with the help of a clinical examination and also with a pelvic ultrasound. Another cause of this could be pain due to the intestines, this would be because of intermittent intestinal cramps. Another cause of this could be muscle spasms which can occur because of electrolyte imbalances. This would be diagnosed with certain blood tests.

the first thing to do would be to get urine analysis, abdominal and pelvic ultrasound done which should be followed by an examination by your doctor to determine the actual cause. One more thing which can cause this is diverticulosis.

I hope I have been helpful and this answers your query. Please remember to assign a POSITIVE/EXCELLENT feedback rating by clicking on the stars, so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge although any bonuses would be appreciated. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.

If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place and still earn a positive rating from you. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR Dr. Muneeb Ali".

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Do you have any more questions?

If you are satisfied, Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars below, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating.

Thanks muneeb Ali please can vitex help reduce my high fsh and prolattin and also regulate my period and make me ovulate

Well Vitex cMAY possibly be effective for pre menstrual syndrome (PMS) but as a treatment for treating high FSH and prolactin and the other functions which you have mentioned, it is not very useful. This is because this herb has not been shown to be very effective in managing the problems which you have mentioned. Those should be managed by more conventional therapy.

Do you have any more questions?

If you are satisfied, Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars below, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor