khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

Issue is regarding blood work I just recieved received, My

Customer Question

issue is regarding blood work I just recieved received
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My Ast levels were 46 and Alt were 27 and I am a hypochondriac so I have convinced myself I have liver damage
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

How old are you? Are you male or female? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Any symptoms? When did yo have the blood work? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
29 y/o female. 5'6''. 135lbs. No weight changes or symptoms. Blood work was done in December 2015. No medical problems other than difficulty staying asleep at night, but that has been going on for years. No over the counter pills or herbs and not any significant family medical problems that relate to liver.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Before December, did you have blood work? How was it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have access to any blood work taken before then, but nothing was ever flagged by my primary care doctor who I am no longer seeing. I do drink regularly but not problematically, about 2 glasses of wine with dinner. I also run five miles a day and eat an extremely healthy diet. Do not use drugs and no not smoke.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

The AST is a bit high. The ALT is within the normal limit. If it is related to alcohol drinking, GGT in the blood should be increased. The slight high ALT is not so concerning. You should have a blood work again one month after you reduce to 1 glass of wine because 1 glass of wine is appropriate for women.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. My GGT was in range. The test were also performed over the Christmas holiday. I had been on vacation for 2 weeks and drinking more than usual so perhaps this was a factor in the higher levels.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

It could be the reason. You should have a blood work again. They would be normal.