Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Dear Dr and here is my story I am sure you can help me I am…

Customer Question
Dear Dr scott my name...
Dear Dr scott my name is ***** ***** here is my story I am sure you can help me I am so scared I always had a fear of getting hiv .Last week I had vaginal sex with a woman I met on line ,during we were intimate I noticed my condon broke and I would say I was in her 5 mins without protection . She said she is clean but that's what they all say .then a week later came down with a very bad flu. I went to my doctor and he said the same thing you believe when it comes to hiv he said it is very hard to transfer from woman to you especially the amount of time I was exposed please help me so scared.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/2/2016
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I began taking care of HIV patients over 20 years ago. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.

I do not do phone calls and your email is not something we can use.

In fact, the transmission rate , if she was not sick, is 1% or less.

However, it is not zero.

So, you still need to be tested.

In any case the CDC recommends that all sexually active adults get tested once a year regardless.

you should do this now, from your doctor.

The problem is having sex with unknown partners, when both partners are not monogomous and have not been tested.

You should avoid this in the future.

Even condoms are not 100% in avoiding exposure.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.