Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had open heart surgery valve transplant and it didn't heal…

Customer Question
My name is***** had open...
My name is***** had open heart surgery valve transplant and it didn't heal correctly the scar on my chest it turn to keloid so now it itches bad and sometimes I have pain in that little area and I'm afraid it affecting my heart giving it some kind of infection to the heart please call me back 818 (###) ###-####
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
3/2/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

the keloid will not affect your heart but can be itchy and ugly.

you can have the keloid removed by a plastic surgeon, but more surgery can increase risks for more keloid formation.

the plastic surgeon can inject the scar area with steroid medications after removing the keloid which can decrease chances of the keloid coming back

you can also receive 3-5 days of radiation therapy right after the keloid is removed to decrease chances of the keloid coming back

you should talk to your doctor about these options for removing this keloid.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

do you have any other questions?