Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was diagnosed with hypothyroid in Sept of 2015. I am

Customer Question
taking Armour 60mg. All of...
I was diagnosed with hypothyroid in Sept of 2015. I am taking Armour 60mg. All of the many symptoms are now under control since being placed on Armour i.e. energy, fatigued, dizzy, constipation, foot pain etc., However, I am struggling to lose the 35 lbs I gained between May and June of 2015. I have always worked out, 45-90 minutes a day. I keep my calories around 1800 or less. I lost 45 lbs between 2013 and 2015. I was working out 6 days a week. when I began gaining the weight i.e. weights, cardio you name it I did it. Since being on the Armour I feel 100% better 99% of the time. I am now back to working out the way I once did. But I am struggling to lose any of the weight I gained. My question is it okay to take hydroxycut while on Armour? I am desperate. I am not trying to take the easy way out but I feel like I am never going to get back to where I was last April. I love working out and have no problem watching what I eat, but it seems like nothing I do now works. Please note collectively, prior to being diagnosed with hypo I had lost 122lbs. I am 5'9 now at 255 lbs. April of 2015 I was 212 lbs. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
3/2/2016
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Hodroxycut is not good for you.

It can causdel iver failrue and can even affet thyroid gland as well.

The authenticity of the product is questionable.

You can consider prescription medications to help wih weight loss.

Topiramate, Bupropion are commonly used alone or in combination for effective weight loss.

Can be used with armour thyroid.

Please discuss with your doctor.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

I have been on Bupropion since 2007 for depression, still taking it along with my Armour, but not seeing any weight loss. What is Topiramate and how does it work? Does CLA help. Should I just accept that weight loss is virtually impossible with hypothyroid even while doing all the right things?

Topiramate acts by blocking glutamate receptors in the brain.

Originally used as mood stabilizer, currently found to be effective in causing significant weight loss.

Hence Topiramate can be added with bupropion for better effect.

You should notice gradual weight loss over next 12 months as thyroid function becomes normal with armour.

Best wishes

Great! I'll mention the Topiramate to my Dr. Thank you.

Very welcome

Best wishes