Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Bilateral hip tendonosis performs tendons Bilaterally, with

Customer Question

Bilateral hip tendonosis performs tendons Bilaterally, with thickness tearing, Semitendinosus and biceps femoris muscles consistent with tendonosis, and tear of superolateral aspect of acetabular labrum.Hip joint effusion. Bilateral tendonosis of conjoined tendon of the semitendinosus and biceps femoris muscles. Small amount of fluid within the retro vesicles space Femoroacetabular osteoarthritis. I'm a 6 foot 5 correctional officer that wears a heavy san brown belt with large heavy can of Oc pepper spray
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: And a heavy Motorola Radio, and Flashlight strapped tightly on my right hip, along with handcuffs. And my opposite side has a medal expandable baton and heavy Folger Adams keys I also have a stab proof vest on my upper body, I work a level 4 California state prison and run to several alarms daily, stand and run up and walk stairs (tiers) daily.anf Carrie heavy guns rifles and munitions to Gun post and towers, I've previously had expulsion of large Bilateral bone spurs on both hips where my equipment is securely anchored my orthopedic surgeon told me it was job related probably from my duty belt and that my Height and working 28 years wearing the belt and that my height isn't doing me any favors I don't understand I'm in good shape do Bicycle spin class and one doctor recently had me lay on my back raised my legs to my chest moved them around and stated to me I might have to have Hip replacement. ???
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

I am sorry that you have been having so much problems with your hips.

However, I am not sure what information you are seeking.

Could you clarify what question you are asking?

Are you asking whether this type of job situation can contribute to the development of these medical problems?

I had asked for clarification of the information that you are seeking, so will address the issue of your job situation.

The problems that you are experiencing are degenerative musculoskeletal conditions. The current evidence for risk factors that contribute to the development of degenerative conditions is that there is a component related to excess weight bearing across the joints, including obesity and carrying items of significant weight, such as you describe. There also is increasing evidence that there is a significant genetic predisposition to developing degenerative conditions, so someone with such a genetic predisposition would have a much greater impact of a job situation that you describe.

If there is other information that you are seeking, please let me know.