How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Hasan Your Own Question
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8581
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Hasan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have chronic left pain located under my rib, the pain

Customer Question

I have chronic left pain located under my rib, the pain comes and goes most of the time it feels like pressure and the there are moments I feel a sharp pain. I gone to the doctor they tested me for pancreatitis and even perform an abdominal ultrasound and everything came back normal Last week the pain was severe I went to the ER they also checked my heart and everything came back negative I don't know what to do because this doesn't go away. What else should I have my doctor check please advise
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My name is Lara
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Have they checked you for stomach ulcer and muscular causes? Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She thought it was a muscular strain but nope
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no she hasn't
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could it also be a problem with my small intestine or stomach
What test are performed for ulcera
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry read it wrong mascular causes?As in???
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per your description and tests done so far, the likely cause can be an ulcer in stomach, muscular pain or nerve compression. All these causes are never picked on a CT scan. For ulcer, we do endoscopy and for muscular strain and nerve compression we do MRI. You can give a try to OTC capsule omeprazole 20 mg twice daily and Tylenol thrice daily for 2 weeks to see if helps. If symptoms persist, see your doctor again for an evaluation as suggested above. I reassure you that as per your symptoms and tests done so far, nothing serious is possible. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards