DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

How after having sex to determine if you have herpes? I have

Customer Question

how long after having sex to determine if you have herpes?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have bumps. like pimples with a hard pus like yellow and green. I thought I got something from using some generic wipies but not im worried. how long does it take for herpes to show in you?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

On average it takes 2 to 8 days.

However, it can also lie dormant for years and show up later.

The only way to diagnosis this fully is with a swab test, which you should have now, while these are still here.

I can look at a picture here as well.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.