Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I take ambien every night and have. I recently went through

Customer Question

I take ambien every night and have for years. I recently went through a spell (3-4 weeks) during which I was taking between .5-1.0 mg Xanax every day. I stopped the Xanax and seem to be suffering withdrawals (headaches, night sweats, etc). How much will my ambien use (which is required, unfortunately, if I want any sleep) prolong my withdrawals?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query,

Ambien is a different class of drug than xanax and it do not prolong withdrawal of xanax rather it can somehow help in decreasing withdrawal symptoms. I would suggest you to wait and watch and symptoms would settle in a week time.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.