Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My blood sugar has been from. 434 to 526 this am, Well I've…

Customer Question
My blood sugar has...

My blood sugar has been from. 434 to 526 this am

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Well I've been so thirsty and my vision is slightly blurrie and I've went from 236 to 214 in the last 3 weeks so my dad has a diabetes checker so I used it 1st thing this morning 424 then 2 hrs later 526

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
3/1/2016
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hi and thanks for the query,

526 mg/dl is very high blood sugar.As you are experiencing symptoms as well i would suggest you to visit A&E because such high sugar can lead to diabetic ketoacidosis which is a known complication of high sugar and it needs to be treated in ER with intravenous fluids and insulin to avoid further problems.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health