Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My blood sugar has been from. 434 to 526 this am, Well I've

Customer Question

My blood sugar has been from. 434 to 526 this am
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well I've been so thirsty and my vision is slightly blurrie and I've went from 236 to 214 in the last 3 weeks so my dad has a diabetes checker so I used it 1st thing this morning 424 then 2 hrs later 526
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query,

526 mg/dl is very high blood sugar.As you are experiencing symptoms as well i would suggest you to visit A&E because such high sugar can lead to diabetic ketoacidosis which is a known complication of high sugar and it needs to be treated in ER with intravenous fluids and insulin to avoid further problems.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health