How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29167
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 41 and female. I have two or three rubbery lumps deep

Customer Question

I am 41 and female. I have two or three rubbery lumps deep in my upper (quite high), inner thigh. They are making the skin bulge out a little, although they are fairly deep. I can move them around if I really try but they are painful and are radiating pain up into my groin. If they are lipomas, should they be causing this much pain? Is this something that will need to be biopsied?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

They can be lipomas.

However they can also be neurofibromas.

Or they can be myomas arising from thigh muscle.

All these are usually benign condition.

They can press on the nerve endings causing pain.

I think you should see a general surgeon for a clinical evaluation, also may be removal for confirmation.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: