Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have just spent a month not drinking alcohol and the first…

Customer Question
I have just spent...

I have just spent a month not drinking alcohol and the first morning after a 2 glasses of wine the night before . I have 1 session on the toilet the first stools being close to type 4 then within 20minutes another where the stools are very much like type 6. This seems to be a common event if I drink . The whole of the month my stools have been fine but not a regular morning thing . Is this an issue and should I give up drinking ?

Doctor's Assistant: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?

I'm middle age and do a physical job

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/29/2016
Doctor: Dr. Abid, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question ...

Alcohol is very fatal for liver and GI tract .

However , as far as stool issue is concerned this need further evaluation , it would be ideal for you to have Stool test to see what actually is going wrong so that appropriate treatment may be offered to you .

Quitting alcohol will prevent most of the future complications , so better to avoid it .

Good luck .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .