Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Had a lithoripsy Friday to break up kidney stone. Had blood…

Customer Question
Had a lithoripsy Friday...

Had a lithoripsy Friday to break up kidney stone. Had blood in urine but by the end of Saturday it was almost gone. Sunday the blood in urine increase to the point there was chunks. Would that be a bruised kidney?

Doctor's Assistant: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?

Saturday morning the stones were moving and I was in pain. I couldn't keep any thing down. By late in the day I got and eating okay

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/29/2016
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Not likely.

Blood can come out due to the urethral irritaiton and also bladder lesions.

Blood clots usually come from bladder lesions.

Stones can cause this.

Should subside in a week.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/