Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had several bouts of foul smelling... I have had

Customer Question
I have had several bouts...
I have had several bouts of foul smelling...
I have had several bouts of foul smelling (eggy) and tasting burps. My stomach swells, and like my food hasn't digested. I have had it probably a dozen times. But this time was seen by my GP they put me on 20mg of Omeprazole which cleared it up, then it came back so they increased the Omeprazole to20mg twice a day. That cleared it up, but the last three nights the Omeprazole hasn't been lasting all day and the eggy burps come back in the evening, no matter if I eat, what I eat if I don't eat etc. It is just like my stomach stops working.Medication I am on
Amisulpride 400mg at night (15 years)
Fluoxetine (40mg about a year)
Chlorpromazine (50mg three times a day for about two years)
Furosemide (40mg about 6 months)
Diamox (250mg twice a day for about six months)
Ibuprofen (3 x a day about 4 months) Started before I started this
Omeprazole (20mg twice a day)
Neditol XL (4mg at night) 3 months
Zomorph (10mg twice a day)
Oramorph (5ml twice a day)Diagnoses
CPTSD
Query Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
Amputation (below knee left leg)
Lower back pain (wear and tear)
Bronchial Asthma
COPD
Fluid retentionAge 38 and female.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/29/2016
Doctor: Dr. Abid, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question ...

In this case you should rule out the possibility of esophageal diverticula , which could be the possible reason of all issue.

Get Barium Swallow test to rule out .

So that appropriate treatment may be offered to you .

Good luck .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .