Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Tripped over a 1.5 ft wall and slammed/scrapped my shin two…

Customer Question
Tripped over a 1.5...

Tripped over a 1.5 ft wall and slammed/scrapped my shin two weeks ago. for some reason my ankle swelled and bruising on inside of my foot. mild pain when I tough my shin. When will this go away? I went to urgent care when I first started feeling discomfort and they said my cut may have been infected (warm to touch) and gave me antibiotics.

Doctor's Assistant: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?

Nope. just want to know if its normal that swelling sticks around for a couple of weeks or more

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/28/2016
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

It may take little longer to heal.

Infection likely gone with antibiotics.

You can apply a steroid ointment like hydrocortisone to reduce inflammation there.

Not serious.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/