Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Couphing and feeling of a lump in my throat making me feel…

Customer Question
Couphing and feeling of...

Couphing and feeling of a lump in my throat making me feel like its hard to swallow and making me want to constantly trying to swallow to releif the lump feeling

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I thought i have allergies and every years around winter monthes i develop cough but this year its pretty bad

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/27/2016
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Are you taking any anti histamine for allergies currently?

Any history of acid reflux?

How long you have these symptoms?
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Im taking loratadine now.
Also i was prescrbed azythromycin and benzonatate 100 mg for couph, that i just started taking with no releif so far.
Albuterol prn as needed. And symbicort spray. No releif. Didnt sleep
All nigth
I have accasional heart burn that i take tums for.

Azithromycin is an antibiotic does not work against any virus.

It only works for bacterial infection.

Your symptoms suggest likely viral infection.

It will run its own course as no specific treatment available for viral infection.

Your body will fight it off.

However you can try a stronger heart burn medication like Ranitidine 150 mg twice daily to prevent heart burn.

Acid from stomach can damage the esophagus and throat as well.

You may also respond to a oral steroid ocurse like Prednisone to reduce the inflammation in throat and airways main cause for coughing.

Best wishes