Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

QUESTION}Last June, I had a mechanical small bowel

Customer Question
obstruction--didn't realize it until severe...
QUESTION}Last June, I had a mechanical small bowel obstruction--didn't realize it until severe pain and cramping sent me to hospital. Appetite had been okay, but after a total colectomy years ago, I am in the restroom no less than 9x/day--and that had slowed to under six for two weeks prior. Now for the last 2 weeks, I am in the restroom very little--maybe 4 to 6x a day with increasing daily nausea especially after I eat. Not feeling very good at all. No real cramping yet, but then I didn't have it the last time until the last minute and didn't vomit until I was in the hospital. Could I be developing another obstruction or might it be partial at this point heading into a full blown obstruction?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/26/2016
Doctor: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other symptoms?

Have you been able to pass gas?

When was your last BM? Was it abnormal?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

I see that you DO have symptoms.

You need to be seen right away.

Yes, this can be early obstruction or illeus.

It can simply be infection.

Or other problem.

Don't wait on it.

I am a double board certified US clinical doctor.

Find me any time.

Please click a positive rating here.

It is important to know more about your symptoms before saying you should just be rushing off to the ER as stated above.

You might want to call your primary care MD now.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS