Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm 16 female and I took 3 hydrocodone apap 5-325 and 3

Customer Question
ibuprofen I don't know why...
I'm 16 female and I took 3 hydrocodone apap 5-325 and 3 ibuprofen I don't know why I did but I don't feel good and I looked it up and overdose symtoms and my stomach hurts and I'm tired and I'm scared
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/25/2016
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer.

This is not a sufficient amount of any of these drugs to be an overdose, either alone or in combination with each other. All three are lower strength pills, so taking three of the pills is still within the therapeutic range for each of these medicines.

Of course, even at proper therapeutic doses, any medicine can cause side effects, and it is common to get an upset stomach, nausea, or abdominal pain as a side effect, particularly to the ibuprofen, but also can occur with the hydrocodone.

When there are significant GI side effects to these medicines, it is reasonable to take an antacid to help calm the stomach, but if the symptoms are mild, it is also fine to just give it time, as the symptoms will resolve spontaneously..

So, there is no reason to be concerned about an overdose after taking three of each of these pills, although your symptoms are common side effects to these medicines. You can either give it time or take an antacid to help ease the GI symptoms.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

I'm ok then cause I looked up overdose symptoms online and it said I could possibly die

Yes, you are OK. It is true that an overdose can be life threatening, but you are clearly not even close to an overdose level of these drugs.

I'm ok but then why am I shaky and my stomach hurt and I feel almost high

These are just the side effects that can occur from taking standard doses of these drugs. They do not indicate an overdose.

Ok I'm just scared

I understand that, but there is no concern about an overdose at this amount of drugs, so you can relax and not be scared any more.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional assistance.

If I can assist you with any future questions, I can be reached through my profile at www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/

Dr. D. Love, Doctor