Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a red bump on my pinky finger knuckle it has been…

Customer Question
I have a red bump...
I have a red bump on my pinky finger knuckle it has been there for about 6months, not getting better, not getting worse. No pain involved
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/25/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

can you upload a clear jpg photo of the red bump from a computer?

here are instructions.

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Can I just send you a photo from my iPhone?

you can send it to

info @ justanswer . com

but administration can take some time to forward them to me.

easier to upload here directly from a computer

On an iPad so sounds like this will not work

you can email the photo to

info @ justanswer . com

Sent 2 photos via***@******.***

I'll let you know when I get them.

Never used this service before, why does it take so long?

administrators at JustAnswer has to forward me the photo

I am now on a computer and can send you the photos however the address to send to is the same one that I already sent to, am I to expect an answer any time soon?

here are instructions to upload photos from a computer

I understand how to attach a photo to an email, my point is that I have already sent the photos to the same address that you are suggesting. Can I expect a response soon?

most likely it will take a few more hours for administrators to forward me the photo

best to upload it here from your computer which is faster.

Not interested in waiting, would have been easier to go to a doctors office. If you so inclined to take a look at my pictures I'd appreciate it, otherwise I will find another avenue. Thought it would be easier to use an on line service.

you don't have to wait if you can upload the photos here on this chat interface.

Your directions are not clear, what chat interface are you talking about? Not an option other than charging options that I can see.

you can check this website out.

Can I expect an answer?

a red bump could be a ganglion cyst or a bone spur or a synovial cyst.

you need a hand xray and ultrasound scan of the area to get more information about what it might be

I already know that as I indicated in my first correspondence. Why would this condition require an X-ray or an ultrasound? That seems to be a bit of over kill.

I can't see your finger.

I can't know what your red bump looks like

I don't know where on your finger it is.

what question do you have for me?

i sent you pictures that clearly show where it is, I clearly defined what finger it was on in my first correspondence. It is obvious to me that there is no human answering my question. First time I ever tried a virtual medical solution and I am very disappointed.

administration still hasn't forwarded the photo to me.

I told you it sometimes takes many hours to do this.

I am a doctor here trying to help you.

Will I be getting an answer at some point? I am unfamiliar with this service as this is the first time I have ever used it. I expected a more prompt response. Please advise.

you need to send the photo to administration again at

info @ justanswer . com

the administrators have not forwarded me the photo

please contact them for help

US/Canada 1.***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST

Once again I will ask is there anyone who will legitimately answer my question?

did you contact customer service

Still have not received an answer to this question

I still haven't received a photo of your pinky yet.

here are instructions to upload a jpg photo from a computer

You never answered my question. I sent a photo through admin but never got an answer.

I never got the photo forwarded to me by administration

have you tried to call up customer service.

US/Canada 1.***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST