Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

ARE YOU EXPECTED TO GIVE DISCOUNTS TO LAWYERS FOR YOUR

Customer Question
TREATMENT TO CAR ACCIDENT PATIENTS...
ARE YOU EXPECTED TO GIVE DISCOUNTS TO LAWYERS FOR YOUR TREATMENT TO CAR ACCIDENT PATIENTS THAT THEY REPRESENT? IS IT EXPECTED AND IS IT LEGAL?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/24/2016
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

No, it is not expected, although it is legal for any doctor to negotiate prices with any patient or a representative of that patient, as well as with any payer/insurance company.

What is considered unethical and may be illegal in certain situations would be payment that would be a kickback or dependent upon the doctor providing an assessment that is not an independent assessment.