Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

6mo ago I went to a LabCorp and got STD test and I tested

Customer Question

6mo ago I went to a LabCorp and got STD test and I tested positive for herpes simplex 2 now I'm starting to have outbreaks more than often a few bumps on the mouth and a few genital but it seems as though it's getting worse can you please tell me is there any way that I can stop this outbreaks altogether is there a prescription medicine that can stop it or prevent it and or is there A natural method I'm desperate please help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 6mo ago I went to a LabCorp and got STD test and I tested positive for herpes simplex 2 now I'm starting to have outbreaks more than often a few bumps on the mouth and a few genital but it seems as though it's getting worse can you please tell me is there any way that I can stop this outbreaks altogether is there a prescription medicine that can stop it or a natural method please help me I'm desperate
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

you need to start taking valtrex

Oral 1000 mg three times a day for 7 days then you stay on 500 mg daily suppressive therapy

I would go to urgent care for this

Thanks for this question.

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)

If you have more question, just reply.