Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have had some burning sensations in my lungs on and off

Customer Question
Hello. I have had some...
Hello. I have had some burning sensations in my lungs on and off for about a month. I dont feel sick but its uncomfortable.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
2/23/2016
Doctor: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have difficulty breathing?

Do you feel short of breath?

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

I'm not sure what you mean by burning sensations in your lungs....could you please elaborate?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi..5'5, 137 no meds. No conditions except high cholesterol. Had a thorough heart exam end of november.. Chest xray, ekg, echo, stress test, blood work. All great. I mean that I feel like my lungs right below my breast bone feel like a burning inside them. I am a light smoker. Actually just quit last friday.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No shortness of breath

Congratulations on stopping smoking. I know just how hard that can be to do :)

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. He heart exam had nothing to do with this feeling. This just started a few weeks ago on and off. Heart exam was simply because I have heart disease in my family.

My pleasure.

I hope you get to the bottom of what is causing your pain.

Sometimes, however, even with the best doctors in the world working on you the underlying cause may not be found.....

I wish you the very best and hope you feel better soon.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD