Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had the flu then bronchitis turned pnuemonia. I took Advil…

Customer Question
I had the flu then...
I had the flu then bronchitis turned pnuemonia. I took Advil for flu, which I believe broke me out in hives. Went to med clinic and was prescribed methylprednisolone, benzonatate (cough) and took 50 mg of Benedryl. Hives returned last night and grew to my face. Took 50 mg of Benedryl this morning. Went to Dr. Chest Xray revealed spot on lung, diagnosed with pnuemonia. Prescribed levofloxacin 500mg/7 days in addition to steroid. I'm concerned as hives are returning to my face. Not sure if it's ok to take Benedryl on all these meds or if reaction if from antibiotic.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/23/2016
Doctor: Dr. Abid, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question ...

It would be ideal for you to have regular Tab Benadryl for at least 10 days to get rid of allerigc reaction completely .

You can take it with other pills and this is not because of antibiotic , but this seems to be residual allergy that need Benadryl.

Good luck .

Regards .

Positive feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks .