Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Well my mouth os dry and numb when I wake up. And ive had a…

Customer Question
Well my mouth os...

Well my mouth os dry and numb when I wake up. And ive had a nasty cough that has make me feel so weak that everytime I cough it is very painful in my stomach muscles.

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Well the roof of my mouyh is really numb and I have a little blood in my mouth leaving a really bad taste and it takes hours even after brushing and drinkin water. And the cough has been going around my work for a while.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/21/2016
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Viral infection can cause cough and also sinus inflammation.

The local nerve supplying the roof of mouth can be inflamed.

Numbness is a temporary thing.

Now there can be bacterial infection as well like atypical pneumonia.

That should be checked out if cough is going on for more than 10 days,
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist