Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

General practitioner

Customer Question
General practitioner
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/21/2016
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

What is your question?
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Hi, 45 year old healthy female. Have been battling a cough (clear mucous and runny nose since last Sunday 6 days now). Fatigued for Monday - Wednesday where I could manage to drive my son to school and then had to lie down all morning. I could take my dog for a short walk but my chest felt very heavy. No fever those first few days. Now have a fever for the last three days but only in the afternoon and late night and it goes from 99.5-102.5. No sore throat at all. Cough has become drier. I am trying to figure if it's bacterial or viral bc I don't want to waste my time at the dr if they cannot give me anything for it. How long is it ok to wait out the fever. As I said it comes around 2:30 and ranges from 99-102.5 until bedtime. I wake up fever free.
Ears have felt closed but no pain and no pain in my sinuses. Just an annoying cough and it feels like there is constant mucous in the back of my throat, my BP is 120/70, my heart rate is 90 per minute.

Hi there,

Since no other symptoms, this is still likely viral.

Viruses are more aggressive this year for unknown reason.

Corona virus, adeno virus, even flu virus can cause protracted symptoms.

Dry cough can be due to the viral bronchitis.

IBuprofen can be use along with dextromethorphan.

If symptoms continue till early next week, then bacterial infection may be suspected.

Otherwise you can still treat this at home with rest, fluids, vitamin C, ecchinacea tea.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
This is the link to my profile:

Ok thank you. Is the intermittent fever ok.

Yes it is ok and expected with viral infection.

Best wishes

Ok thank you. Just entered the wonderful world of kids bringing home everything from school so was pretty sure it was viral since there is no pain anywhere. Just excessive congestion.

Yes I second that :)

But nothing to worry about.

Best wishes