How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29073
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have two children who appear to have the flu. They have

Customer Question

I have two children who appear to have the flu. They have both been presenting fever since Thursday. I have been keeping up on Tylenol which seemed to be working fine but now they are both at 102 and I can't give them anymore for another hour. I don't know what to do but they don't seem to be getting any better. I have been trying to keep up with fluids (mostly water some gatorade) they have had appetites until lunch today.
Should I go to a clinic?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

You can give Ibuprofen now and can be alternated with tylenol.

You should consider going to the ER if fever does not go down easily.

Cold sponging also is helpful.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: