Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What does Two Islands ( both1.5 mm) of salmon colored mucosa…

Customer Question
What does Two Islands (...
What does Two Islands ( both1.5 mm) of salmon colored mucosa of the mucosa noted in the distal esophagus immediately proximal to GE junction mean???
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/20/2016
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Heterotopic gastric mucosa appears as salmon patch at the lower part of the esophagus.

This is a benign or harmless condition.

This is associated with acid reflux disorder.

The risk of malignant transformation is very low.

No special followup or work up is needed.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/