Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've been seen by a heart and lung doctor now referred to…

Customer Question
I've been seen by a...
I've been seen by a heart and lung doctor now referred to commonwealth cancer center my white blood cell counts keeps going up and down and have clubbing of my fingers and toes would a blood disorder cause this...truth please
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/20/2016
Doctor: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello ,

The clubbing of the fingers and toes is more common a symptom of pulmonary disease such as COPD --- ( are you a smoker ?)

If the white cells are progressively going up then an infection could be reason such as pneumonia ...but if not seeming to be related to infection then a hemologist / oncologist would commonly be consulted ...concern as to other problems may cause dramatic rise of blood counts such as a lymphoma or leukemia ...

I don't know your blood count results or other tests that may be pertinent to the overall picture _( chest CT ??)

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor