Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was diagnosed with a bladder infection and given

Customer Question
ciprofloxacin. I'm on my 5th...
I was diagnosed with a bladder infection and given ciprofloxacin. I'm on my 5th day and the pain in my back seems to have gotten worse. It's on my left side and it's worse when I wake up in the morning. Does this medication sometimes not work?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/19/2016
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

That is concerning.

Cipro may not work sometimes due to the bacterial resistance.

You need to see your doctor today or go to the ER for further evaluation.

Infection may spread to the kidneys requiring IV antibiotics.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/