Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Are there any treatments for constant high pitched, hissing…

Customer Question
Are there any treatments for...
Are there any treatments for constant high pitched, hissing tinnitus?
I'm 66 and have had it for years, although it seems to be getting worse lately (in the last few months). Is alcohol consumption an exacerbating factor? Or blood pressure medication (Metoprolol)?
Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/19/2016
Doctor: Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician

Thank you for your question.

Tinnitus is a side effect of metoprolol so yes that can be the cause.

Also, alcohol can also, at times, cause tinnitus in some people who use it.

So alcohol and metoprolol can both be factors either individually or at least a contributing factor.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.
Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.
Kindest regards