Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a horrible sore throat and both ears felt like they…

Customer Question
I had a horrible sore...
I had a horrible sore throat and both ears felt like they were going to explode. My Dr prescribed 10 days of Levequin which helped with the ear aches, it also made me extremely sick, I already have severe perephial nueopathy so my feet were going crazy in addition to the joint pain. Anyway - a week after the Levequin treatment I am getting the sore throat and earaches back. I have since noticed what looks like a blister on my uvula, round and almost greenish in the middle but it doesn't look oozy. I can feel the glands in my neck are swollen, what now?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/18/2016
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

YOu probably got a viral infection now.

That will not respond to antibiotics.

A throat swab should be checked for viral infection like herpes simplex and epstein barr virus.

In case of herpes simplex, acyclovir an be used to treat the infection.

Otherwise, it will run its own course in next 2 weeks.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/