Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I experienced a stabbing shooting pain on my right side of…

Customer Question
I experienced a stabbing...

I experienced a stabbing shooting pain on my right side of my abdomen right before i use the bathroom

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I sometimes vomit a yellowish color and the pain makes me pass out

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/18/2016
Doctor: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello!

How long have you had these episodes of pain and vomiting ?

Has this pain been recurring ?

Have you had ongoing nausea ?

I think some possible sources of right side pain + nausea / vomiting may include liver inflammation / gallstones / other gallbladder disease / ulcer disease -- especially duodenal ulcer

The more intense your pain -- longer lasting or severe symptoms then the more urgently you should seek further medical evaluation

I hope that this is a helpful start for you ..

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns or discussion

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD