Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am needing help to understand my daughter autopsy

Customer Question
Methamphetamine levels. The report...
I am needing help to understand my daughter autopsy Methamphetamine levels. The report shows 10.1 micrgrams/ML and 5.8 micrgrams /ML Vitreous..did she die of an overdose? She had been known to inject drugs.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/16/2016
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Yes unfortunately.

I am sorry to hear about your loss.

The normal methamphetamine concentration should not exceed 1 mcg/ML.

So in her case the level is 10 times the normal upper limit.

This is considered overdose related death.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

what is vitreous
is that the concentration in the brain

Vitreous is found in the posterior chamber of the eye.

It is ideal for post mortem chemical analysis as it is not changed by any external circumstances after death.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
This is the link to my profile: