Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had ultrasound of my liver. it reads 17.7 cm vertical

Customer Question
I had ultrasound of...

I had ultrasound of my liver. it reads 17.7 cm vertical span. blood tests revealed elevated ast, ap, alt. history of autoimmune disease. dr. said i may have autoimmune hepatitis.

Doctor's Assistant: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.

Is the size of my liver large?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/16/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

yes, your liver vertical span is a bit big.

a liver that is longer than 15.5 cm is considered enlarged

autoimmune hepatitis can cause your liver to be enlarged.

you should see a GI doctor or rheumatologist to see if treatment to help calm down your immune system will help your liver.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com