Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

After a recent angioplasty behind my left knee, I had to be…

Customer Question
My name is***** a...

My name is***** a recent angioplasty behind my left knee, I had to be readmitted for a second surgery after experiencing extreme pain in my lower leg. The second surgery resulted in a hematoma in my left leg. It has been five weeks since this occurred and I am still in extreme pain daily in my left leg and angle. Any suggestions to speed up my recovery. Look forward for your response. ***@******.***

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The original blockage was behind my left knee just before the artery splits into three. A small balloon was inserted and everything went normally. A week later a second surgery was performed because of a blood clot had formed under the balloon. This resulted in a hematoma.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/16/2016
Doctor: Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician

Thank you for your question.

What are you currently doing for your pain and have you been seen for this, what do your doctors say about this?

Have you had any tests done to make sure your artery behind the knee is ok?

Please let me know.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.