Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Herpes or something else ... My gf keep get these cut after…

Customer Question
Hello Herpes or something else ... My...
Hello
Herpes or something else ...
My gf keep get these cut after sex not sure why and how that happen ... Sometime she be kind dry ..
What I am really worry about if herpes cause cut as papercut ? She used oimint for the tow times and it went a way in three days ...
Last nite she had cuts also after sex I can send picture if that would help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/15/2016
Doctor: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello!

Herpes may cause progression of bumps to blisters to ulcers ...

Not what I would describe as "cuts" however ...

Are these on her labia ?

If she seems dry with intercourse and has pain with sex then a lubricant may be helpful such as K-Y jelly ...

Yes it may be helpful to post a picture of the lesions ...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

1
2
3
4
5

Hello again,

Ok the pics are of help. These look like she had more physical trauma which might be caused by intercourse ...I would suggest she gently apply Neosporin plus to area twice a day -- keep watch ..it should heal quickly I think...still I would hold off on intercourse for 10 days -- allow it to heal well...may sure she is pain free ...be careful to not be too rough and use a lubricant . She may benefit to have check with her gynecologist for more detailed exam ...

I hope that this is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you.

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Far as picture it's not herpes ?

Hello again,

The place highlighted looked like a tissue tear not looking like herpes ...now if she had herptic lesion then it could make tissue more fragile and suspect to injury ...appearance here from pics is not diagnostic of herpetic ulcers--- NO to that -- but to culture this area to confirm that is not a problem I think would be reasonable ...Has she had any history of herpes? Does she get sores or ulcers without any potential injury such as with sex?

If she gets spontaneous sores then she could have underlying herpes... Culture and blood tests could establish if that could be The case

The small tissue tear looks physical injury though ....

No she never had sore or blister ... It what scare me what I been reading on the internet that herpes could make apapercut and that's what it driving me crazy ..
I know she got these cut after we had sex and no she never had them in normal day without having sex

Hello again !

Well if she had no sore before sex then that is very good evidence that she does not have that problem.

Herpes sores are painful and she would have had problem before starting sex if that had been the case ....

So here it looks that as I mentioned have her gently apply Neosporin plus ..keep an eye on it ...make sure it heals well ...in future I recommend use a lubricant and take care not to be too rough ..

I think these steps will help her to stay out of trouble in the future...

I hope that this is helpful for you

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

I just check on the cut totally went a way !!! She used oimint last nite after the sex one time and it's gone

Hello again!

Well that is great !

It healed very quickly and that is very good news !

I'm glad that she feels better now and It healed so well!

Take care !

Anthony Bray MD

Thank you so much I was really so panic about herpes !!! And I know herpes don't heal that quick ?!

Hello again,

No a herpes ulcer would usually take about 5 days to run its course and heal...that looked like a small tissue tear ...the lack of pain and rapid healing further assure us it is not related to herpes....

I hope that this is helpful for you

Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Thank you so much

You are very welcome!

Take Care!

Anthony Bray MD

Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor