Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Even tho I had the abortion on Jan 4 I took an morning after…

Customer Question
Even tho I had the...
Even tho I had the abortion on Jan 4 I took an morning after pill on Jan 18th and now I'm bleeding on and off and feeling lite headed dizzy and drowsy..Is that normal?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/15/2016
Doctor: khagihara, Doctor replied 2 years ago
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor

Morning after pill causes irregular & heavy period. However, since you feel dizzy, you may have anemia. You should see your doctor to have a blood test and exam. What kind of abortion did you have? Mechanical (surgery) or medical (medication)?

I had an surgical abortion.I am anemic and will go get a blood test tomorrow to make sure my blood count isn't low

Another concern is the surgical abortion might have caused perforation of the uterus and bleeding from there. You should have ultrasound if it is suspected.

About how long are the symptoms suppose to last

If you have small perforation, it would close on itself. If it is bigger, the bleeding would not stop and you need to have a surgery to stop it. But you need to have ultrasound to see if you have perforation or not.