Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Swollen ear lobe feels hot donot feel a bug bite.how to

Customer Question
reduce swelling,take the redness away.pierced...
swollen ear lobe feels hot donot feel a bug bite.how to reduce swelling,take the redness away.pierced ears but not infected,no drainage just swollen an hot
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/14/2016
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

This can still be infected by the way from piercing.

The skin bacteria can invade inside causing the inflammation.

Hence antibiotic course should be considered.

The swelling and hotness can be reduced by over the counter ibuprofen or advil tablets.

3 tablets at a time every 8 hours with food should help.

Topical hydrocortisone cream also can be applied.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/