Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

About 4 weeks ago, I was climbing down a 8 foot wall and I…

Customer Question
About 4 weeks ago...

About 4 weeks ago, I was climbing down a 8 foot wall and I hyperextended my left foot. I've been taking Meloxycam for 3 weeks, but my foot still hurts and now I see some bruising; just in front of my heel. It starts on the big toe side and sort of makes a "J" shape bruise. Any ideas?

Doctor's Assistant: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?

I have not stayed off of my foot. I've been playing softball twice a week and that has probably kept me from healing.

Doctor's Assistant: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/12/2016
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

That is due to the blood leakage from the blood vessel.

This is due to the injury also.

meloxicam also can cause bleeding.

Hence this is not likely serious.

Should subside gradually.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/