How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29064
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****. I had bronchitis last month and

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I had bronchitis last month and pulmonologist thought sinusitis. Had CT of sinuses that was neg. WBC were elevated to 14,000. Had 2 rounds of antibiotics and prednisone. Still have non-productive cough and shortness of breath especially with exertion. Also having sinus type headache and chest discomfort (not pain like with cardiac problems). Spiking low grade temps followed by profuse sweating. Malaise. Used CPAP nightly. Not sure who I should see or what I need to do. Use Astepro nasal spray and Qvar inhaler BID.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Have not had a chest x-ray. I feel like I have congestion in my lungs. No wheezing now. Have had history of asthmatic bronchitis, 1/2 X year, since had pneumonia in 2000.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

You may have underlying lung inflammation.

Interstitial lung disease can present like this.

Even a lung infection resistant to antibiotic is possible

Fungal infection also possible.

Hence you do need a lung CT scan and sputumeculture for further evaluation.

A lung specialist should be consulted with.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: