Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My name is ***** *****. I had bronchitis last month and

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. I had bronchitis last month and pulmonologist thought sinusitis. Had CT of sinuses that was neg. WBC were elevated to 14,000. Had 2 rounds of antibiotics and prednisone. Still have non-productive cough and shortness of breath especially with exertion. Also having sinus type headache and chest discomfort (not pain like with cardiac problems). Spiking low grade temps followed by profuse sweating. Malaise. Used CPAP nightly. Not sure who I should see or what I need to do. Use Astepro nasal spray and Qvar inhaler BID.

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Have not had a chest x-ray. I feel like I have congestion in my lungs. No wheezing now. Have had history of asthmatic bronchitis, 1/2 X year, since had pneumonia in 2000.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/11/2016
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

You may have underlying lung inflammation.

Interstitial lung disease can present like this.

Even a lung infection resistant to antibiotic is possible

Fungal infection also possible.

Hence you do need a lung CT scan and sputumeculture for further evaluation.

A lung specialist should be consulted with.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist