Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have poor appetite and cannot get to sleep could it be I…

Customer Question
I have poor appetite and...
I have poor appetite and cannot get to sleep could it be I am not consuming enough food
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/11/2016
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

How old are you?

Any other medical condition?

How long you have these symptoms?
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

I am 52. had my gall bladder remove 2 yrs ago. have not been able to maintain good appetite. I am an under eater and it is affecting my sleep. what do I do
type

Ok --Poor appetite can be due to the lack of bile acid mixing with food which gallbladder facilitates when present.

Also you may have pancreatitis or pancreatic digestive enzyme insufficiency.

Hence blood tests like liver function test, amylase, and an abdominal scan should be performed.

if these tests are normal, then your problem lies in chemical imbalance in the brain.

This can be treated with a medication called Mirtazapine 15 mg daily at bedtime.

Mirtazapine helps with sleep as well as improves your appetite and weight gain.

Please discuss with your doctor.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
This is the link to my profile: